Kent District Library
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Writers of all ages can enter the 7th annual Write Michigan Short Story Contest in English or Spanish, presented by Kent District Library and Schuler Books & Music. Win cash prizes for Readers' Choice and Judges' Choice. Winning entries will also be published by Chapbook Press.
The contest has four categories:
- Teen (ages 12-17)
- Youth (11 and younger)
Adults pay a $10 entry fee: If you are an adult entering an English-language story, choose the Adult section. If you are an adult entering a Spanish-language story, choose the Spanish (18+) section. All Spanish-language stories will compete in the same category.
Write Michigan Timeline
- Entries Accepted: September 1 – November 30, 2018
- Review Process: December 1, 2017 – January 2, 2019
- Semi-Finalists Announced: January 11, 2019
- Public Voting Online / Judges' Review: January 11-31, 2019
- Winners Announced: February 5, 2019
- Anthology Layout and Production: February 5 – March 15, 2019
- Awards Ceremony, Anthology Sale & Book Signing: March 16, 2019