The contest has four categories:
- Adult (age 18+)
- Teen (ages 12-17)
- Youth (age 11 and younger)
- Spanish (all ages)
Adults pay a $10 entry fee: If you are an adult entering an English-language story, choose the Adult section. If you are an adult entering a Spanish-language story, choose the Spanish (18+) section. All Spanish-language stories will compete in the same category.
Write Michigan Timeline
- Entries accepted: September 1, 2019 - Noon* November 2019 (*Please note this is a change from past years, when entries were due at the end of the day. Entries are due by noon this year.)
- Review process: December 2, 2019 - Jan. 2, 2020
- Semifinalists announced: January 10, 2020
- Public Voting Online / Judges' Review: January 10-31, 2020
- Winners announced: February 4, 2020
- Anthology layout and production: February 5 – March 13, 2020
- Awards ceremony, anthology sale and book signing: March 14, 2020
What's new this year?
The prize money! Last year, as well as in years past, winners received $250 and runners-up, $100. This year, winners can expect to pocket $500 and runners-up, $250.
For complete contest guidelines, please visit the Write Michigan Short Story Contest page.
Adults pay a $10 entry fee: If you are an adult entering a Spanish-language story, choose the Spanish (18+) section. All Spanish-language stories will compete in the same category.
Para leer las reglas completas de la competición visite la página web del Write Michigan Story Contest.
Adultos pagan $10 para entrar al concurso: Si usted es un adulto entregando un cuento escrito en español, escoge español 18+. Todos los cuentos escritos en español serán en la misma categoría.